Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The First Snow of 2005

I just looked up from my desk and noticed that it is snowing outside. I'm not sure how long that has been going on, but it looks like it has been a little while. It is starting to collect on the roofs of the buildings and in the parking lot next door.

I have always liked to work on snowy days for some reason. I don't find snow to be nearly as depressing as rain, but I think that is because we usually get only two or three good snowstorms a year in this area. Right now it is coming down fast and it appears to be windy out there too. I suppose there will be major traffic issues a little later because the Federal government is encouraging people to go home early because of the inauguration road closings downtown. With that and the snow, things should be really messy at about 2 o'clock.

No comments: