Friday, April 27, 2007

How to cut a tree

I had a dead dogwood tree. Or at least one that was so far gone that it wasn't coming back. So, last evening at about 5:15 I decided to cut it down because the city brush pickup is on Friday morning and I thought if it were done we would not have a pile of sticks in front of the house for a whole week.

Dad got his chainsaw and we all piled in the car and headed to our house. We were supposed to have dinner at Mom and Dad's.

I moved Debbie's car and dad fired up the saw. A chainsaw makes quick work of a dogwood. In about 10 minutes we had a 5 foot tall stump. That is when my neighbor arrived. He's a helpful guy and asked if we wanted him to pull out the stump with his truck. In another 5 minutes he had a chain around it and pulled it out. Then he hauled out a bag of grass seed so that I could seed the spot where the tree was. We pile up the sticks and racked the ground and spread a little grass seed.

By 6:00 we were done and back at the parents house having dinner.

No comments: