Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sara Sleeps Well

Sara is sleeping very well. In fact, she has almost from the beginning. What I mean by "sleeps well" is that she typically falls asleep about 8:30 in the evening, sleeps until 2 or 2:30 am, eats, and then goes back to sleep until 5:30 or 6 am. That's pretty good for a newborn.

Seth, as I recall, was up every two hours for about six months.

I think part of the difference is that Debbie and I were listening for every little noise that Seth made when he was sleeping. We called it re-binkying. He would fuss a little then we would crawl out of bed and pop the binky back in. With Sara we have been allowing her to go back to sleep on her own when she is not needing to be fed. That has worked fairly well for her and I think she sleeps longer at night because of it. Also, Sara is much less reliant on the binky than Seth was. In fact, most of the time she doesn't want it and spits it out almost instantly, or cries in a "get that thing out of my face" way. We're good with that.

No comments: