Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Inconsolable

Last evening I kept Seth for a couple of hours while Debbie went out and did a little Elfwork. Usually Seth is pretty mellow in the evening and falls asleep while I'm holding him. Last night he was not. It is so unusual for him to cry for any length of time, that I was struggling a bit to figure out what to do with him.

After about an hour and a half I conjured up a scheme. He likes to have his diaper changed so, even though he didn't need it, I took him back to his room and changed his diaper. He couldn't stay angry for that, so he calmed down a little and I finally got him to fall asleep. He slept from 8 until 1:30 or so, which is a long time for him.

I suppose he was just tired after all. This morning he was his usual smiley self.

No comments: