Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sunday Morning Panama City

So far my trip to Panama has been at least as good, and in some cases better than I expected. The business portion of the trip has gone very smoothly. All of the people that we have worked with have been prepared for us. That has allowed us to get ahead of schedule and to free up a little extra touring time.

Of the past few days I have gotten a pretty good overview of Panama City. It is very lively and busy with a lot of traffic at rush hour. The driving is a little crazy: I am glad that I am not doing it. The city itself is a varied mix of very old and brand spanking new. Part of the city that we have to travel to for work is pretty rough with lots of run down buildings and apartments. The financial district, where our hotel is, is upscale and shiny.

Yesterday I went on a bird watching tour and had a great time. I was lucky to get an excellent guide who really new what he was doing and was very excited about finding birds. He enjoyed the trip as much as I did, I think. We identified 75 different species of birds in about six hours. Most of those species are new to me, so it was a really good day.

Today I have some more free time, so I am trying to figure out what I will do. Maybe go to the Metropolitain National Park here in the city.

No comments: