Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Lost Filling?

Over the weeknd, as I was driving to New Jersey, I was chewing some gum and discovered that there was a piece of my tooth in it. At first I thought the tooth chipped, but now I think it was a ceramic filling that came loose. It is hard to tell because the filling matches the tooth color so well.

Usually, I don't wan't to go to the dentist very badly, but this thing will get bad if I don't deal with it. I am, in a way, looking forward to going to the dentist this morning. The tooth doesn't hurt, but I have been avoiding chewing on that side which is irritating. We are lucky that things like this can be repaired. In the past this tooth would probably have rotted and gotten really painful before it was finally pulled. Tonight, I will still have my tooth with a little patch.

3:11 pm
After an hour and a half in the chair I now have a whole tooth once again. Most of the novocaine has worn off and I am almost back to normal. It turns out that the problem was indeed a broken filling, which the dentist repaired at no charge because she was the one who did the original work.

No comments: